I think I start off 3/4 of my blogs with “I suck at blogging.”
I’m not ashamed to admit it. While I’d love to be a good blogger, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m not. Maybe I will be in the future with persistence and organization and patience, but right now, my life is going every possible way imaginable and blogging isn’t on my mind 90% of the time.
Let me catch you up with going on in my life over the past few months outside of shoots.
– I got engaged to my best friend. We’ve been together for 2.5 years and are getting married in June. I really couldn’t be happier if I tried. He’s one of the best things that’s ever happened to me, and I know that sounds cliche, but it’s true.
– I spent the summer traveling and taking photos and learning and stuff. Ethan and I along with my dad and brother, Micah, went to San Francisco for a little while. I loved it. It was very fast paced, but marvelous. I plan (fingers crossed) to have a post over summer travels. Ethan and I then traveled to Seattle and had a ball. It was a lot more chill that San Fran, which was a nice change in pace. About 3 days after our trip, my mom’s side of the family and I went to Colorado. It was beautiful. Again, I plan on posting some photos.
– I celebrated my 21st birthday! Woohoo! To be honest, I’m not particularly thrilled by alcohol. I went to a bar last weekend with some friends and got a gin and tonic…it sucked. Anyway, maybe alcohol just isn’t my thing.
– I started my senior year of college. I’m taking 18 hours right now. I’m trying to figure out how to survive.
– I also started work back at Coolgreens. It’s a love/hate relationship for us. I love the steady income and people I work with, but sometimes I feel like my life revolves around there.
– We started planning our wedding (well, I’ve basically had it planned in my head for a while). We have a photographer and videographer booked, invitations drawn up, colors selected, ceremony and reception venue booked, I FOUND MY DRESS, and that’s about it. I’m trying to calm down because I realize we have a long time to get everything finalized.
– I made a list of 23 things I want to accomplish before I turn 22. I’ll blog it.
– I started re-reading the Harry Potter books. I get so giddy when I read them. Harry and everyone will always be a part of my life. I’m currently on Prisoner of Azkaban.
– I thought up (what I think will be an incredible) photo series. I’m anxious to start shooting for it once I get a little more organized and used t my insane schedule.
– We’ve been having game nights about once a week. I love game nights. We’ve been inviting new people too…not just the old ones. I hope to blog about our weekly/bi-weekly game nights.
– I completely freaked out about Pretty Little Liars last night. One of my best friends, Sydney, and I were legitimately shocked. I was silent for about 4 hours, juts trying to process everything going on. Can’t wait for the Halloween episode or Season 3B.
Welp, that’s about it.
Right now, I’m organizing and cleaning my room before I start making supper. My poor fella isn’t feeling well, so homemade chicken noodle soup is on the menu.
Guys, I really hope to be back on a schedule soon.
I’ll leave you with the cutest picture ever:
(It’s a baby gorilla reacting to a cold stethoscope. And I want one.)