Just like Amanda, I also love some random facts.
I realize that this is my blog and website, but many of my readers may not know too much about me.
Here we go, 15 random facts about me.
1. I have unhealthy obsession with A1 sauce. I’ll eat it on nearly everything.
2. I’m a senior in college, majoring in English. I hope I’ll never have to use my degree.
3. I’ve been to 17 countries; The US (duh), Honduras, Belize, Mexico, Guatemala, England, Italy, France, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Holland, Switzerland, Croatia, Greece, Turkey, and Scotland. My dream in life is to travel to a country for every year I’m alive. I’m 4 countries behind, right now. Need to catch up. ;)
4. In my junior and senior years of high school, I went to the state speech competition with 2 and 3 events respectively and placed in Humorous Interpretation and Humorous Duet both years. Part of me thinks I could move to NYC and get an agent and act.
5. I used to thrift almost religiously. We’re talking 2-4 times a week. I gathered so much stuff. Now, I generally limit myself to about once or twice a month. In fact… I may go today.
6. I will forever love Harry Potter. I’m currently re-reading the books. I’m on Prisoner of Azkaban right now.
7. I don’t like coffee. The exception: Pumpkin Spice Lattes.
8. I’ve seen too many live bands to count. Some favorite shows: Bon Iver, Band of Horses, Ben Howard, The Civil Wars, Arcade Fire, Manchester Orchestra, Fleet Foxes, The Avett Brothers.
9. I really hope that moving to Austin, TX is in the nearish future for Ethan and me. We love OKC…but we’re so hyped on Austin.
10. I love to cook. And to eat. If I wasn’t so busy all the time, I’d cook every single day, multiple times a day.
11. My favorite movie is Matilda. I’ve seen it a thousand times, probably.
12. I’m a huge poetry buff. I love reading it. I love writing it. I love studying it. My favorite poets: Walt Whitman, WS Merwin, Andrea Gibson, and, even though he was a facist and supported Hitler, Ezra Pound.
13. I don’t have a favorite color, because they change with my mood and with seasons. If people usually ask, I’ll say “yellow.”
14. I drink a LOT of tea; bubble tea, hot tea, chai tea, iced tea, green tea.
15. I’m constantly reminded about how blessed I am, though I don’t give thanks nearly enough.