The new year is right around the corner. So hard to believe.
I have a lot of exciting things to share with you all that involve this little business.
First–new sessions and prices!
I’ve been wanting to transition over to sitting fees and in-person ordering sessions. What does that mean?
Well, let me tell you.
I’ll be charging only $100 for me to take your photo. That’s up to an hour of shooting–just like usual–but now, after your session and after I edit them, I’ll invite you over to my house or a coffee shop so we can go through the photos together, and you’ll have the opportunity to purchase prints and digital images. I think it’s a shame when photos just sit on a computer. Putting them on facebook is one thing, but printing them, framing them, and putting them on your walls is a completely different (and much better) thing. I want the photos I take to be treasured and seen every day.
There will also be an all-inclusive package, which comes with all the digital images AND small prints of all the photos, so that will be an option as well.
Mini sessions will still be available seasonally.
Second–more specials and discounts!
I’m hoping that 2014 is a year of growth for my business. Every two months, I’ll be offering a special valid for those months. It’ll be worth your time to stay up-to-date with my facebook page in order to see what specials are happening and when. For January and February, I’ll be offering 10% off any wedding collections booked in those months.
Third–more personal photos!
I want to grow as a photographer–not just stay at this level and continue running a business without getting any better. My goal is to do a 365 project (taking and editing a photo every day) in 2014 in order to push my creativity, skills, and boundaries. I want to learn and grow every day. Since 365 photos can be difficult to keep up with, I’ll be doing a weekly blog showcasing the photos from the week. That way, instead of posting a photo every single day, I’ll post several at one time and mark which one I took on which day, etc.
Fourth–more lifestyle sessions!
I found a love in doing lifestyle sessions this year. What are lifestyle sessions? Basically, they’re sessions of me capturing your every day life. Whether you have a big family and want me to document your day-to-day life, or you and your significant other love going camping and want me to tag along while you pitch a tent and roast marshmallows, I’ll be there. Lifestyle sessions will be priced based on your needs and wants. To inquire about a lifestyle session, contact me. To view a recent lifestyle session, click here.
Fifth–more stylized sessions and workshops!
This one is for anyone who wants to grow as a photographer OR model. More info soon. :)
This one isn’t that fun, but it’s totally necessary in order to keep this thing running. A few newish policies include:
– Your sitting fee is due no later than 48 hours before your session, with a signed contract. For weddings, your retainer is due at the signing of the contract.
– I will hold photos on my computer for 6 weeks after they’re delivered. After that, there will be a fee to retrieve them for any reason.
– Sundays and Mondays will be my days off. If you’d like a session or wedding on a Sunday or Monday, there will be an extra fee.
– With that said, any weddings that don’t fall on a weekend will get a discounted rate.
– I hope to have one or two more contests throughout 2014. Maybe a really big one for brides and grooms?
– I’m aiming to do a few more personal blog posts, because this business is just as much a part of me as my personal life is. I’d like for you guys to get a chance to know me a bit better. I’m also open to getting coffee with anyone who wants to. I want to make some more friends. ;)
– Still searching for a few people to become my assistants/second shooters, so I’ll do a post for that, soon.
– A BIG goal is to save up for some new equipment. Currently lusting after a 5D mk iii, a 6D, and a handful of lenses and a few other goodies. Now taking sessions in order to build up my camera bag. :)
My calendar is filling up for 2014 pretty quickly (especially weekends), so if you want to book, do it soon! I’m so thankful for every one of you. Sincerely.